New users please introduce yourself

Joshua's Introduction...

Joshua's Introduction...

Postby JKAndrews95 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:20 pm

Hello...
I am Joshua, 17 years old from Salford, just down the road from the centre.

I passed my CBT with you guys on September 3rd 2012 I was 16 at the time as my birthday was the 10th of Sept, I did mine with my dads friend Steve. We were instructed by Paul, hi Paul.
After passing my CBT I had to wait until the 10th unfortunately:( Knowing I had my scooter at the shop, and a valid CBT and so on made me want to get on the road but my age held me back...it may of only been a week away but it seemed to drag...
I now own a Piaggio Typhoon 125 (62 Reg), you guys may see me out riding or stood on the front (Langley Road South) I nod helmet on or off, on my scooter or off.
I tend to ride with people on bigger motorbikes but I have friends on scooters/mopeds too (Obi being one)...and Danny being a bigger motorbike rider on his DRZ400 SM.
I enjoy riding to Rivington Barn and to motorbike shows (EventCity, GMEX) and I get to the NEC too but not on my scooter...
I am looking at a Yamaha XT125X Supermoto for my next 125 but it's growing on me to go for my A2 next year when I am 19 as I like the Honda NC700S.

I'll try post some pictures soon in my introduction here of my scooter and some others I may find...

Ride Safe!
Joshua
JKAndrews95
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:57 pm

Re: Joshua's Introduction...

Postby Paul » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:29 am

Hi Joshua, and welcome to the forum 8-)

Sounds like you are enjoying life on two wheels!

As for doing your A2 licence, I think that's a great idea, as all the bike manufacturers are introducing new bikes that fit within this category, and some look great. I'm trying to find time to take some test rides on them, so I can see for myself what they're like... I'll post on the forum when I do if that would be of interest.

In the meantime, why not consider a day's post-CBT training, where we could start you on the road to passing your test early and helping make you safer and help you get more from your riding whilst you are still on L plates? If you can get a mate to do it with you it would be a fun day and I'm sure we could sort a deal for you to make it more affordable.
Life is a journey, not a destination, relax and enjoy the ride!

http://www.justonemoremile.com
User avatar
Paul
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:51 pm
Location: Royton, Oldham

Re: Joshua's Introduction...

Postby JKAndrews95 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:41 am

Paul wrote:I'm trying to find time to take some test rides on them, so I can see for myself what they're like... I'll post on the forum when I do if that would be of interest.

Like a little review on each one of your test rides? Because that would be nice, and may not help just me but others on deciding their future on two wheels:-)

Paul wrote:In the meantime, why not consider a day's post-CBT training, where we could start you on the road to passing your test early and helping make you safer and help you get more from your riding whilst you are still on L plates? If you can get a mate to do it with you it would be a fun day and I'm sure we could sort a deal for you to make it more affordable.

What would the days post-CBT training be of? I'm sure I could find someone else too maybe, I have two names that spring to mind...

Thanks :-)
JKAndrews95
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:57 pm

Re: Joshua's Introduction...

Postby Rob1965 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:43 am

Hi Joshua
Welcome to the forum. It does sound like you are enjoying the bike, and looking at your pictures it looks like you are getting some miles under your belt too. I see you often.
Perhaps we need to organise a ride out for yourself, Obi and all the other L-Legal Riders.......We could discuss further training options amongst other things????

See you soon
Rjh for the No 1 in CBT, DAS, ERS and ADVANCED in Salford Manchester, and Leigh Lancashire http://www.rjhgroup.co.uk
User avatar
Rob1965
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:52 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Joshua's Introduction...

Postby JKAndrews95 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:49 am

Rob1965 wrote:Hi Joshua
Welcome to the forum. It does sound like you are enjoying the bike, and looking at your pictures it looks like you are getting some miles under your belt too. I see you often.
Perhaps we need to organise a ride out for yourself, Obi and all the other L-Legal Riders.......We could discuss further training options amongst other things????

See you soon

I am, and I am not far from the 3000 miles mark and that's since September 10th 2012 - And for a ride out for us L-Legal Riders would be great!:-D
JKAndrews95
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:57 pm

Return to Welcome - Introduce Yourself

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest